Monday, March 3, 2008

A Grand Day Out

Erik is out of the picture. He's a young 20-something who needs to get some things out of his system before he gets to be a real adult. I'm not going to help him on those endeavors.

I had a wonderful time with Ben. The food was great. The wine was fantastic. The conversation never stopped. He was even interested in what I had to say about the Hebrew Bible. He touched my hand and gave me a hug at the end of the evening. I just wish I felt the same way. It feels so shallow to say it, but there's just nothing there. He would make a fantastic friend, but I don't see a romantic relationship developing there.

I don't want to be that woman who goes out dating to see what she can get out of people - and maybe by making sure that's not my goal I have already accomplished it. I'm not out to get a nice meal and get men to spend money on me. *sigh* Time to keep on truckin'.

No comments: