Friday, February 29, 2008

The Trifecta

Oh dear... Three rejections in a row. Some of them, I understand - it was a bit of a long shot with reference to our lifestyles. However Ben seems to be working out.

Ben and I have been e-mailing since before I used my current matchmaking service. We're in, generally, the same fields, and we both find religion very important when it comes to a relationship. (We're different Protestant denominations, but I won't hold that against him!) This is starting off pretty well, and Sunday night I'll have a chance to see where it's at. I'm trying not to get too excited - overinflated expectations have a way of biting you in the end.

Now there's also Erik. He's a bit younger, and he comes via the matchmaking service. He caught me online (AIM) as I was getting ready for sleep, so we didn't talk much. He said I'm cute though. What bothered me was that I was bothered how quickly he said that. The thought, "Why did you even say that?" popped in. Have I allowed my self-esteem to be deflated by those first three rejections that I can't trust anyone who actually might be interested? Is it just general creepy to lead a conversation with how someone's beauty is perceived? I'm not sure about him yet, but I'll see where this goes.

Toodles until Sunday!

No comments: