Friday, February 15, 2008

The Seinfeld Date

Have you ever been on a date so bad that you were sure Kramer, Elaine, George or Jerry was going to suddenly sit next to you? If not, you're really lucky. If so, this story's for you.

I was asked to go to dinner and a movie. This sounded like a really great start for a date. I spent 2 hours getting my hair, makeup and outfit ready. I put real effort into looking my best. When I stepped into the restaurant, I really think I looked radiant.

Here's the kicker. As soon as I sat down, he informs me another person will join us! Yes, his friend is coming. There are now three of us. I sat the whole time wondering if I was intruding on their date or if I got two for the price of one! I said all of two sentences the entire dinner. Truthfully, I think I spoke to the waitress more than the two of them together.

Then we got to the movie. I made the sad mistake of sitting between them. I felt like the net in a ping pong match. The conversation was being volleyed over me, and I was really just in the way.

It's just one of those moments when you think,"I could have made a fortune selling this idea as a Seinfeld episode."

No comments: