Friday, February 15, 2008

In the land of "not"

I seem to be stuck in a land of nots. I'm not young, but I'm not old. I'm not skinny, but I'm not a whale. I'm not a genius, but I'm not a vegetable. I'm not a professional, but I'm not without credentials. I'm not from the East Coast, but I'm not living in the Mid-west. I'm not conservative enough to be a republican, but I'm not liberal enough to be a democrat. I'm not wealthy, but I'm not desolate.

So who am I? I'm almost 30 (6 weeks and counting). I'm overweight but trying. I'm a student with too little time, money and energy. I'm compassionate. I'm loving. I'm a sister, daughter, friend, roommate, student, teacher, candidate for ministry, lay speaker, parishioner. I'm Kelly

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot to add the most important part.

You are not Broccoli, but in a sense, you ARE brockelly.

xoxox