Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This is a day of new beginnings

For many of us at BU, today is the first day of classes. For me, it's the first of lasts. I'm trying not to be too sentimental about it. It's the last time (until next semester) I will experience the thrill and nerves of having a first day of class.

What makes this day even more special is that it marks the bridge of where I am and where I want to be. In this year, I will experience more in my field ed. than I can ever imagine. Everything I have learned at this point will be used in some fashion or another. I got from being student to being student chaplain - in a way that is different from CPE. Yes, I feel like I am becoming who I've always wanted to be but never had the courage to become.

I'd like to say a prayer for all those who are experiencing new beginnings. Whether it's starting a new class, speaking English for 24 hours straight, living in a new country or a new culture. I hope the excitement of possibilities overshadows the nerves and doubt. With a deep breath, allow the Pneuma to fill us and restore us. May every lesson taught, and learned, bring us closer to each other and to the most holy one as well.

No comments: